Traditional building materials like clay, metal, glass, rubber, wood, and concrete are being replaced by PVC building materials as these are more reliable when it comes to construction. PVC stands for Poly Vinyl Chloride and these are ideal for kitchens, bathrooms, basements, and garages. PVC materials come packed with diverse features and advantages. This modern alternative is very economical and offers several performance benefits.
Features and uses of PVC:
Using PVC panels is a better alternative because PVC is an ultimate material for any type of building or construction. These panels are fire resistant, dustproof, rustproof, resistant to sound and easy to maintain.
It is highly versatile and cost-effective. It is an important polymer for the construction sector as in 2006 European PVC production was 60 percent. This popular plastic is used in building and construction and it helps to improve the overall interior appeal of an office, hospital, hotel, etc.
PVC panels are also used in roofing walls, drinking water pipes as well as wastewater pipes, cables, window frames and different other applications. These are strong and light in weight. The panels have excellent mechanical strength. These can be shaped, welded and joined easily in several styles. As it is light in weight, the manual handling challenges are also eradicated.
Benefits of using PVC for wall and ceiling:
- It’s quick and easy to install: PVC panels are user-friendly and it can be cut into different sizes very easily. It is a perfect DIY solution. When compared to tiles PVC take just half the time to install. The process of installation is very easy and therefore, anybody can install these panels on their own. It will also save your time and fit easily without any inconvenience.
- Water resistant: The popular use of PVC is in the kitchens and bathrooms as these are mildew and water resistant.
- Budget-friendly: When compared to other tiles you would find it easy to install the plastic wall and ceiling panels and another advantage is, the cost per square meter of these panels is quite low as compared to other materials.
- Great versatility: The product is highly versatile and perfect for cladding walls as well as ceilings of private homes, food processing plants, laboratories, hotels, homes, etc. There are endless possibilities when it comes to using PVC panels.
- It is a perfect hygienic solution: If you want a clean and hygienic ceiling or wall solution then use the dump last panel as once installed there is no grout which can get dirty. It will also prevent bacterial growth.
- User-friendly: You need limited aftercare of PVC. it is simple to clean so cleaning is not a time-consuming task at all. The surface is smooth and therefore no dust can collect in pores or cracks. You don’t have to use abrasive or chlorinated agents to clean the panels, a simple cloth will do the cleaning job perfectly.
- Safe material: PVC is a nontoxic material which is safe for use and world’s most tested plastic. It meets all the necessary standards of health and safety. PVC products can burn when exposed to fire, however, these are self-extinguishing.
Other important benefits of PVC:
PVC is a perfect solution for those who are looking environment-friendly methods of construction. These are easily recycled and you can take these panels to any plastic recycling facility. t is easily detachable, so if you would like to use it somewhere else then you can do that as well. The panels insulate at an R-value of 2.25 so installing them in basements, garages and different other locations is very beneficial. The panels will not require any type of finishing at a later stage. The use of lacquer, paint or varnish is completely eliminated.
you can make your space extremely spectacular without being extravagant, and if you are planning to give a unique look and appeal to your interior then nothing is more promising than PVC. It will add a decorative look to your interior space and as these panels are highly durable so it will demand very low maintenance.